Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Train Tag Banner

With Father's Day approaching, many of the challenge blogs are going with a guy theme.  

I've got the "Dad" part covered... but there is a little guy in my life who has a special day this month.  My sweet nephew is turning four!  

He has requested a 'train' theme for his party and I decided I'd make a banner for part of his decorations.


I decided that giant tags were perfect for the basis of the banner.  I cut the tags from a large packing box I had on hand.  The color red is the little guy's favorite color.  I did some distressing with brown paint and a bit of roughing it up so it would look so new.



The letters and number I traced onto some OLD scrapbook paper.  (I don't think I have bought paper in 4 or 5 years).  To make the letters stand out I traced around them with a good ol' Sharpie.

Train photos are mounted on card stock to give them some support.  It starts with the engine and ends with a caboose.

I used sisal rope to string the tags on.  Using two holes in the design makes it lay flat against the wall.

I'm sure the little guy is going to love this 'MANLY' project!




















And at "Oldie But A Goodie Challenge" blog:



12 comments:

  1. My nephew loves trains, too. Great banner and take on the challenge. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic creation, Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie challenge

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Banner!!!! I'm sure he'll love it! Looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing at Love to Create's Make it for the Kids challenge this week! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the giant tags and trains' photos. Great idea.

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine chank you for joining us this week at make my Monday, Laura DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous banner.Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea, thank you for oining us at MMM
    Suzi B :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great project thank you for sharing with us at fairies challenges, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome banner ... Thank you for joining our "Make it for the Kids" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
    Ruza, LTC Admin/Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous banner!! Thank you for joining our "Make it for the Kids" Challenge this week at Love to Create!! Hope you we will see you next week too!
    Hugs'
    Jackie ~ LTC Owner/Designer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea and happy birthday to Owen! Thanks for joining us at TIOT this week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous!
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete