Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pin It And Spin It

I was inspired by a quote I found on Pinterest and a painting technique of masking over an old painting. 

I grabbed a painting I didn’t like for the makeover.  (Those are some sad looking poppies!)  I used a stencil to trace my letters onto contact paper.  My original plan was to spray over the entire painting then pull off the letters so the colors of the painting came thru.  But as I looked at it, I decided I like the letters on top of the painting.

So I traced around the letters and painted each one in... to make my spin on the pin!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you made this your own. It is a WONDERFUL piece. Those letters really make those flowers look good. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OPUS GLUEI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, I agree the poppies ARE sad-looking, but you transformed it into pure joy. Love the sentiment too. Thank you for playing along with us at The Order of the Opus Gluei!

    ReplyDelete